The Ettes and Company

Friday, May 21, 2010

It's a little QUiET around here!

Sorry we haven't been posting as regularly as we should....but we've actually been taking a break from our computers. My break is by choice...Annette's break is being forced on her by a computer that refuses to work for her. I feel her pain, and know how frustrating it is!

So...don't think that we've forgotten you. We just tend to get busy with real life this time of year. We both have sons leaving on missions for the LDS church soon...so that is keeping us busy as well! My son leaves June 16, and Annette's son leaves in July. Ugh...she's done this three times before with her older sons...I dunno how she's done it. I have a lump in my throat just typing this blog post. I think I might be a mess for a few days after we drop Jake off at the MTC *sniff*sniff*sniff*....but hey, don't get me wrong. I'm GLAD that he's going (and even a little anxious)....but I'm going to miss him like mad. Two years is a LONG time! Here's a pic of him with my dad outside of the Logan LDS Temple...awwwwww...where did the time go?


I've had so much fun working in the vegetable and flower gardens in my yard and getting my lawn into shape (between rain storms)...things are looking so beautiful! I've spent hours weeding, grooming and planting. I really love conquering the weeds and seeing the beautiful plants grow. I'm anxious for the first fresh peas...and well, I can hardly wait for the cherry tomatoes and cantaloupe harvest in a few weeks...two of my favorite things out of our vegetable garden.

I've been in a real "fix it and clean it" mood....I painted our picnic table set, painted some cute little red chairs for my grandkids (gotta find some cute fabric to make cushions) and have been de-junking the garage. I swear, we just did this a few months ago, and I'm still finding more things to get rid of.
When I'm not playing in the yard or garage, I've actually been making some cards...enjoying getting my hands dirty with papercrafts. Even though I love digital...I LOVE to make cards and have a stash of them on hand. I even tried some of Annette's adorable paper flowers on some graduation cards...way too cute. And no...I didn't take a pic...I'll see if I can do something about that ;)

So....that's a little update from one of the "Ettes". We're still here, still happy...and will get back to designing very soon....anyone interested in an "In Memory" themed kit? Hmmm...I kinda need to hurry with that one, don't ya think?

2 comments:

Lori said...

Keep real busy! That's what I've had to do. My son has been on his mission for 8 months (He is in Chile). I count the months, not the days. The time has actually gone pretty fast.
Good luck to both boys.

MaryRuth said...

Awwwww.... I love the picture of your son and dad!!! Good luck to him (and you!). Can I buy you lunch? Will that help after he goes in to the MTC?? :)

I'm soooo jealous of your time in the garden! I have a tiny little lawn (rental house) so I can't do much but I have pots of flowers everywhere.... I could spend endless hours working in a garden.... it's good for my soul!

Good luck the next couple of weeks!!!