The Ettes and Company

Saturday, March 21, 2009

AAaaaahhhhhh....SPRING !


The first day of spring here in Utah was BEAUTIFUL. Such a gorgeous, sunny day! Annette and I actually took a day OFF from working and spent it at the Scrapbook USA Expo in Salt Lake. It was a lot of fun walking around, but mostly because we saw LOTS of friends there and enjoyed visiting with them. The product that most companies had in their booths was mainly clearance stuff. We managed to find a couple of good deals--as if we need any more scrapping stuff :)

The best part was that after we finished walking through the expo...we just sat and visited for a long time. We moved outside where the weather was GORGEOUS, and just sat and talked for at least another hour while sitting in the sun. For those of you who know us well, you know that we're work-a-holics and don't do things like this too much. So, it was a really nice day. Annette and I hadn't actually seen each other since January, although we talk almost every day. It was nice to spend the day together, catch up with what's going on in life, and just have some fun :)

We did manage to talk a bit about work...we have some fun things planned for the next few months. You'll see some of the new designs by the end of this month, so keep coming back. We'll post here when we add new items to the shop.

We hope you're enjoying some beautiful spring weather (or whatever season it is in your part of the world :) Take the day and do something outside if your weather is as gorgeous as ours is here. I'm going to spend a good part of the day in my flower gardens. WOOOOO HOOOO...the tulips are about 5" high now...they'll be budding out before I know it. My creeping phlox is about to blossom...my crocus are already up and throwing cute little splashes of color around my yard.

Can you tell that I LOOOOOOOOOOVE SPRING!

3 comments:

Joyce Williams said...

I also say Hip Hip Horray SPRING is here. I love your spring sign. It has been a beautiful winter and I have enjoyed it now that I am retired and don't have to drive in the snow.

Spring is like a breath of new life and I did just like you, spent most of the day outside with the flowers. I even planted peas!

Can't wait to see your new ideas. I think it is simply wonderful that the two of you took some time out for each other just to visit. We all need to do more of that.


LIFE IS GOOD.....

Annette Ward said...

Like Fayette said, we had soooo much fun yesterday. It was a nice break from sitting at our computers! We saw friends we hadn't seen for a long time and had fun looking at the booths. We talked about how we missed the days when we traveled teaching classes, doing conventions and meeting such great people like all of you! But, we're happy we are still designing together!!!! We had a great time visiting and planning future products. Come visit often to see what we're up to. Have a nice weekend!

Susan Catmull said...

It was so nice to see you two. Working a booth was fun but I'm sure not as fun as just hanging out. Keep up your great work, we are lovin it.